Corrections? Comments? Please feel free to express your opinions of the site, or correct me regarding any inaccuracies or broken links. If I don't fix the problem, please tell me again! This is a large site and it's hard to keep track of all its sections.
Let me know if you'd like to see new locomotives or rolling stock in the drawings, or updated versions of old drawings. I try to fill out requests on a regular basis. I will not take payments for requests, but neither will I guarantee their completion (I want to keep the drawings as a hobby, not a job).
Drawing and Image Use
Non-commercial use: The drawings are free for all non-commercial purposes at no cost. I would only ask the following:
- For non-personal use of the drawings (such as display on other websites) please provide credit in some way, such as my name and/or the URL of the Trainiax site.
- Please indicate if a drawing has been modified, such as adding to or modifying the label under the drawing. I count on unmodified labels to be indicative of my original drawings.
Commercial use: Please contact me for commercial use of the drawings.
About the Author
Name: Michael Eby
Date of birth: January 20, 1986
Home: Sherbrooke, QC, Canada, 140 km East of Montreal. (In Montreal for 2013-2014).
- 2012-2013: Certificate in Computer Science at Bishop's University (Lennoxville, QC)
- 2007-2012: BA in Environmental Studies + minor in History at Bishop's University (Lennoxville, QC)
- 2005-2007: Started degree in Mechanical Engineering at the Université de Sherbrooke (Sherbrooke, QC)
- 2014-: Part-time research assistant at Bishop's University (Lennoxville, QC)
- 2005-: Self-employed doing small-scale construction work, landscaping, computer work and odd jobs (mainly summer)
- 2002-: Sound technician, webmaster and (2011-2013) secretary for Plymouth-Trinity United Church.
- Biking, hiking and enjoying the great outdoors
- Renovation and construction
Interests (aside from trains)
- The environment (trees and forests in particular)
- Subaru (and cars in general); daily driver as of May 2019 is a 2015 Subaru Impreza 2.0i manual
- Logic and philosophy (a relatively recent interest)
- Music (composition, choir and piano/keyboard)
- Locomotives: I'm somewhat of an EMD fan, but I have come to like GE locomotives more than I used to. I also gained a soft spot for MLW locomotives (particularly the M-420) after railfanning them in 1999-2001. With old, rare locomotive models, I favour locomotive preservation or use on smaller railroads over immediate scrapping.
- Railroads: I prefer small railroads. My favourite is the St. Lawrence & Atlantic RR (SLR), which I lived beside until 2008. My favourite large railroad as a child was CN - not coincidentally, because CN owned the SLR line at the time.
- Railfanning: I've learned not to pass up an opportunity to catch rare or unusual equipment. I try to always remain on public property. I rarely drive great distances solely for railfanning, in the interests of the environment and fuel conservation.
- Expertise: I'm a railfan, and despite some work on train restoration I will always lack the practical expertise of a builder or railroad employee. I've attempted to source and research all the information in this site - but feedback from people who are "in the know" has been (and is always) hugely helpful!