Locomotives Phases - GE C30-7, C30-7A, C36-7
These phases are of my own making.
Phase 1: 1979.06 - 1979.11
- Exhaust: small stack, no silencer, narrow base
- Rear numberboards: flush
- Rear classification lights: high
- Cab side windows: 4
- Left-side equipment doors: 2 narrow, 3 wide, small latches
Phase 2a: 1980.01 - 1980.07
- Exhaust: large stack/silencer, wide base
- Rear numberboards: raised
- Rear classification lights: low
Phase 2b: 1980.07 - 1981.01
- Cab side windows: 2
Phase 2c: 1981.03 - 1986.05
- Left-side equipment doors: 1 wide, 1 narrow, 3 wide, large latches
- All C30-7A units are Phase 2c.
- All C36-7 units are either Phase 1 or Phase 2c. Some later units featured modified radiator and dynamic brake intakes. Other units are indistinguishable from the C30-7.
- Doors under forward section of radiator may or may not have 3 narrow vertical intakes. Some units had such intakes retrofitted.
- Units rode on 5 FB-3 truck types: Adirondack or GSC castings, with low- or high-mounted brake cylinders, and Adirondack castings with clasp brakes (NW versions).
- Some export Phase 2a through 2c units lack exhaust silencer, but have the larger stack base.
- Conrail units have 3-step end platforms in place of standard 4 steps.