Scale Train Drawings
Welcome to the Trainiax drawings page! This is a collection of drawings that I have been working on since late 2000.
The first ALCO/MLW 1:18 drawings have been completed! First started at the end of March, the 1:18 MLW M-636 drawings added today may be the most dimensionally accurate drawings to date. Why? Because on March 22, I took a whole slew of measurements from CP 4723, an MLW M-636 on display in Farnham, QC - the first locomotive I have measured directly. I have drawn the version represented by 4723 (a late-model M-636 as modified) but will be adding other M-line variations.
For these and other locomotive measurements, see the Locomotive Dimensions page.
The following drawings are not part of the drawing search:
Requests and Progress
- Website Building—How I created this site
- Drawing Accuracy—How accurate are the drawings?
- Drawing History—Early drawing history and a detailed look at what's behind the 1:55, 1:36 and other series
- Locomotive Phases—Different versions of the same locomotive model
- Locomotive Dimensions and Measurements
About the Drawings
- All of my drawings, painted or undecorated, are of real locomotives and rolling stock.
- All of my completed drawings are online, and they exist only as they appear here; I have no higher-resolution or vector versions.
- Contributed drawings from previous years (2006 and earlier) are online, but I no longer post new contributions.
- I do take requests for new drawings. I can never guarantee their completion, but I try to fill them out regularly.
Personal Use: The drawings are free for all personal uses at no cost. My written permission is not necessary for personal use.
Non-personal use: Please contact me for any form of non-personal use of the drawings, such as display on other websites. Commercial use of the drawings is prohibited without my permission.
Check out the Links page for websites with other drawings, including modified versions of the drawings posted on this site.
Any non-personal use of contributed drawings requires permission from the original artists. Email me if you would like to contact them.