Scale Train Drawings
Welcome to the Trainiax drawings page! This is a collection of drawings that I have been working on since late 2000.
It's been a long time coming, but the first 1:18 full-cowl passenger locomotive has now arrived! It wasn't from lack of initiative - I started four different passenger cowl/carbody models back in 2013-2014 - but after almost 4 years sitting at 40% completion, the GMD F40PH-2D is now the first to be finished.
The most time-consuming part was the relatively complex layers of pipes and cables in the underframe. But with those details now done - along with standard components of EMD's full-width carbody - these units will pave the way for other models in the F40PH and F59PH series. I've also added a painted version of VIA #6438 in Renaissance paint.
Other than the FP45, I didn't make any of EMD's freight-based full-cowl units in 1:36, and I haven't drawn the F40PH-2D since a very early 1:55 rendition in 2002.
Older 1:55 drawings
I haven't yet incorporated all the 1:55 drawings into the drawing search pages above. The remaining drawings are still listed on the older 1:55 pages:
Requests and Progress
- Website Building—How I created this site
- Drawing Accuracy—How accurate are the drawings?
- Drawing History—Early drawing history and a detailed look at what's behind the various scales
- Creating the Drawings—The making of the drawings behind the scenes
- Locomotive Phases and Rosters—Different versions of the same locomotive model
- Locomotive Dimensions and Measurements
- Locomotive Components
About the Drawings
- All of my drawings, painted or undecorated, are of real locomotives and rolling stock.
- All of my completed drawings are online, and they exist only as they appear here; I have no higher-resolution or vector versions.
- I do take requests for new drawings. I can never guarantee their completion, but I try to fill them out regularly.
Personal Use: The drawings are free for all personal uses at no cost. My written permission is not necessary for personal use.
Non-personal use: Please contact me for any form of non-personal use of the drawings, such as display on other websites. Commercial use of the drawings is prohibited without my permission.
Check out the Links page for websites with other drawings, including modified versions of the drawings posted on this site.