Scale Train Drawings
Welcome to the Trainiax drawings page! This is a collection of drawings that I have been working on since late 2000.
I've gradually been adding more 1:55 drawings to the drawing search and removing them from the old-style list pages, with all ALCO/MLW units now complete.
Also, as I currently have some more GMD locomotives in progress, I've decided to add casting logos to 1:18 locomotive truck sideframes - in addition to the slight casting differences that I was already including. The first units to benefit are all current 1:18 GMD locomotives, which came with GP (Blomberg) trucks cast by Dofasco in Canada.
- 1:36 - Lineside Structures and Equipment (4)
- 1:36 - Road vehicles (4)
- 1:55 - Drawings that are not yet in the database
- 1:28 series
- 1:14 series
Requests and Progress
- Website Building—How I created this site
- Drawing Accuracy—How accurate are the drawings?
- Drawing History—Early drawing history and a detailed look at what's behind the 1:55, 1:36 and other series
- Locomotive Phases and Rosters—Different versions of the same locomotive model
- Locomotive Dimensions and Measurements
About the Drawings
- All of my drawings, painted or undecorated, are of real locomotives and rolling stock.
- All of my completed drawings are online, and they exist only as they appear here; I have no higher-resolution or vector versions.
- Contributed drawings from previous years (2006 and earlier) are online, but I no longer post new contributions.
- I do take requests for new drawings. I can never guarantee their completion, but I try to fill them out regularly.
Personal Use: The drawings are free for all personal uses at no cost. My written permission is not necessary for personal use.
Non-personal use: Please contact me for any form of non-personal use of the drawings, such as display on other websites. Commercial use of the drawings is prohibited without my permission.
Check out the Links page for websites with other drawings, including modified versions of the drawings posted on this site.
Any non-personal use of contributed drawings requires permission from the original artists. Email me if you would like to contact them.