Scale Train Drawings
Welcome to the Trainiax drawings page! This is a collection of drawings that I have been working on since late 2000.
I'm slowly chipping away at the updates to EMD hood units, continuing the corrections I started in January (relocating the front hood seam and making slight revisions to hood proportions). Of more than 900 affected drawings, there are now fewer than 200 awaiting correction (plus painted versions), mostly in the GP30 and 50/60-series.
I'm still here! Summer has brought a significant reduction in screen time - and with it a slowing of Trainiax updates. I probably won't be making many drawings in the immediate future, but the pace will pick up again in the fall.
Older 1:55 drawings
I haven't yet incorporated all the 1:55 drawings into the drawing search pages above. The remaining drawings are still listed on the older 1:55 pages:
Requests and Progress
- Website Building—How I created this site
- Drawing Accuracy—How accurate are the drawings?
- Drawing History—Early drawing history and a detailed look at what's behind the various scales
- Creating the Drawings—The making of the drawings behind the scenes
- Locomotive Phases and Rosters—Different versions of the same locomotive model
- Locomotive Dimensions and Measurements
- Locomotive Components
About the Drawings
- All of my drawings, painted or undecorated, are of real locomotives and rolling stock.
- All of my completed drawings are online, and they exist only as they appear here; I have no higher-resolution or vector versions.
- I do take requests for new drawings. I can never guarantee their completion, but I try to fill them out regularly.
Non-commercial use: The drawings are free for all non-commercial purposes at no cost. I would only ask the following:
- For non-personal use of the drawings (such as display on other websites) please provide credit in some way, such as my name and/or the URL of the Trainiax site.
- Please indicate if a drawing has been modified, such as adding to or modifying the label under the drawing. I count on unmodified labels to be indicative of my original drawings.
Commercial use: Please contact me for commercial use of the drawings.
Check out the Links page for websites with other drawings, including modified versions of the drawings posted on this site.