Locomotive Phases - ALCO C-425
These phases are consistent with commonly used C-425 phases, with the addition of Phase 2b.
Phase 1, 2a and 2b are respectively concurrent with Phase 2, 3a and 3b for the ALCO/MLW C-424.
- Battery boxes: Fore and aft of the cab
- Handrail stanchions: Attached to top of walkway
- Side sill: Oblong openings
- Air reservoirs: One on each side
- Raised panel above radiator intake: Notched bottom corners
- Front air intake: Small square grid, fastened with tabs
- Battery boxes: Under left rear walkway
- Handrail stanchions: Attached to side sill
- Side sill: No oblong openings
- Air reservoirs: Both on right side
- Raised panel above radiator intake: Straight bottom corners
- Front air intake: Wire mesh on top of large square grid, fastened with rectangular frame