Scale Train Drawings
Welcome to the Trainiax drawings page! This is a collection of drawings that I have been working on since late 2000.
Older 1:55 drawings
I haven't yet incorporated all the 1:55 drawings into the drawing search pages above. The remaining drawings are still listed on the older 1:55 pages:
Requests and Progress
- Website Building—How I created this site
- Drawing Accuracy—How accurate are the drawings?
- Drawing History—Early drawing history and a detailed look at what's behind the various scales
- Creating the Drawings—The making of the drawings behind the scenes
About the Drawings
- All of my drawings, painted or undecorated, are of real locomotives and rolling stock.
- All of my completed drawings are online, and they exist only as they appear here; I have no higher-resolution or vector versions.
- I do take requests for new drawings. I can never guarantee their completion, but I try to fill them out regularly.
My drawings would not be possible without the extensive contributions from many site viewers sharing photos, diagrams, phase details or corrections, and I am very belatedly publicly sharing my gratitude to those who have helped. (If you've sent me stuff and you're not on the list, please remind me!)
A special thank-you to
- Brian Bennett - who shared a supremely detailed SD40-2 roster with me that formed the basis for my drawings and phase descriptions of the entire EMD Dash-2 series
- Bruce Bridges - who has helped with innumerable roster details and spotting features, and without whom my drawings would contain at least 3 times as many errors or omissions (Bruce's painted versions of Trainiax drawings are displayed here)
- Nick O'Dell - who shared extensive CSXT paint and lettering information and many locomotive detail photos
- James Walton - who forwarded a collection of nearly 2,000 detail photos that were invaluable in drawing several Canadian locomotive models
Thanks also to
- Jon Clark
- Dave Queener
- Jones Rana
- Bishop Smith
- Wayne Snyder
- Joseph J. Thomson
- Fernando Uribe
- Nick Wilson
Non-commercial use: The drawings are free for all non-commercial purposes at no cost. I would only ask the following:
- For non-personal use of the drawings (such as display on other websites) please provide credit in some way, such as my name and/or the URL of the Trainiax site.
- Please indicate if a drawing has been modified, such as adding to or modifying the label under the drawing. I count on unmodified labels to be indicative of my original drawings.
Commercial use: Please contact me for commercial use of the drawings.
Check out the Links page for websites with other drawings, including modified versions of the drawings posted on this site.